Wrongful Death Attorney in Wood River, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Wood River, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Wood River, IL, wrongful death lawyers now if you want legal representation. We have recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents every year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Wood River, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Wood River, IL, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you get the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Wood River, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Damages
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Wood River, IL, wrongful death attorney's goal to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Wood River, IL
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Wood River, IL, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide victims with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Wood River, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Wood River, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Wood River, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.