Wrongful Death Attorney in Wentzville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Wentzville, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Eason Law, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Wentzville, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. Eason Law has recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Wentzville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to contact a wrongful death attorney in Wentzville, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you win the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Wentzville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Wentzville, MO, wrongful death lawyer's mission to ensure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Wentzville, MO
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Wentzville, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide victims with legal counsel. We've recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Wentzville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Wentzville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Wentzville, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.