Wrongful Death Attorney in Washington, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Washington, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. At Eason Law, we help survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Washington, MO, wrongful death lawyers now if you are trying to start a case. We have recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Washington, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Washington, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced law firm can help you win the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Washington, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Washington, MO, wrongful death attorney's job to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Washington, MO
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Washington, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Hiring a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at the Eason Law Firm provide victims with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Our Washington, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Washington, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Washington, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.