Wrongful Death Attorney in Sullivan, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Sullivan, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Sullivan, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. We've recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Sullivan, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you may have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to contact a wrongful death lawyer in Sullivan, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you win the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Sullivan, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Sullivan, MO, wrongful death attorney's goal to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Sullivan, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Sullivan, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide victims with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Our Sullivan, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Sullivan, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Sullivan, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.