Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Louis, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in St. Louis, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. Our firm has recovered millions for victims and their families and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near St. Louis, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in St. Louis, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's St. Louis, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your St. Louis, MO, wrongful death lawyer's mission to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in St. Louis, MO
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our St. Louis, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Eason Law has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our St. Louis, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.