Wrongful Death Attorney in Owensville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Owensville, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Eason Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. Eason Law has recovered millions for survivors and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Owensville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Owensville, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Owensville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a case review or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Owensville, MO, wrongful death attorney's mission to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Owensville, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide victims with legal representation. We've recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Owensville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Owensville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you need. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Owensville, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.