Wrongful Death Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Maryland Heights, MO, wrongful death lawyers now if you want to settle a claim or case. Eason Law has recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck accidents. Leading causes include speeding, construction zones, driving under the influence, and texting.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Maryland Heights, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you might have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Maryland Heights, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Maryland Heights, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You need to consider special and general damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Maryland Heights, MO, wrongful death lawyer's job to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. These damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Maryland Heights, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Maryland Heights, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death claims can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that seems reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at the Eason Law Firm provide wrongful death clients with legal counsel. We've recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Maryland Heights, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Maryland Heights, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Reach out to our Maryland Heights, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.