Wrongful Death Attorney in Franklin County, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Franklin County, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Franklin County, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. We've recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Below, we've listed out the common claims associated with wrongful death:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Franklin County, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Franklin County, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Franklin County, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Franklin County, MO, wrongful death attorney's goal to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It's useful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Franklin County, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Franklin County, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for a wrongful death case? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at Eason Law provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We've recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Your Franklin County, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've lost someone close to you. Our Franklin County, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Franklin County, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.