Wrongful Death Attorney in Fayette, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Fayette, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Fayette, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. We've recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. Regarding wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Fayette, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It is crucial to contact a wrongful death attorney in Fayette, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal activity.
No matter what the cause, a qualified lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Fayette, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You will need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Fayette, MO, wrongful death lawyer's goal to ensure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Fayette, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Fayette, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and may include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at the Eason Law Firm provide clients with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Fayette, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Fayette, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Eason Law has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Fayette, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.