Wrongful Death Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL
Wrongful Death Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Losing a family member or spouse can be emotionally and financially devastating. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers now if you are trying to start a case. Our firm has recovered millions for victims and their families and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. In the matter of wrongful death, changes can be even more dramatic. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Automotive Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Fairview Heights, IL, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include unsafe work environments, faulty equipment, poor training, fires, explosions, and other incidents that can happen on the job.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is essential to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Fairview Heights, IL, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified law firm can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyer's job to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you may notice, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are extremely important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Fairview Heights, IL
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death lawyers at the Eason Law Firm provide victims with legal representation. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Our Fairview Heights, IL Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Eason Law has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Fairview Heights, IL, wrongful death attorneys immediately.