Wrongful Death Attorney in Eureka, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Eureka, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you are trying to start a case. Our firm has recovered millions for victims and their families and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents every year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Vehicle Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car and truck accidents. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: A large portion of wrongful death lawsuits near Eureka, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient can be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It is important to reach out to a wrongful death attorney in Eureka, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, a qualified attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact us now for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Wrongful Death Settlements
You will need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These can range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorney's job to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. You may also be able to claim punitive damages.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies and medical records are extremely important. It's helpful to file a wrongful death claim as soon as you can while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Eureka, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death claims:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can can be sued for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include employers, manufacturers, distributors, hospitals, and others. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be at fault.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Get an attorney to help you. Wrongful death cases can be complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience at your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that seems fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Getting a wrongful death attorney can change their minds pretty quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at the Eason Law Firm provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We've recovered millions in case victories and are ready to fight for your case.
Contact Your Eureka, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Now
It's essential to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Eureka, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Victims deserve a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Our firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Reach out to our Eureka, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.