Wrongful Death Attorney in Ellisville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Ellisville, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. Eason Law helps survivors fight for the compensation they deserve. Contact one of Eason Law's Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers now if you want to settle a claim or case. We've recovered millions for clients and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Cases
More than 190,000 people die in wrongful death accidents annually. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Regarding wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in major car and truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Many wrongful death lawsuits near Ellisville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence can include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Behavior: If a criminal act leads to a fatality, you may have a wrongful death case. It's important to reach out to a wrongful death lawyer in Ellisville, MO, now if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced attorney can help you win the compensation you deserve. Eason Law's Ellisville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death case.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
You need to consider both economic and non-economic damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyer's job to make sure that family members of the survivor receive fair and just compensation. Some of these damages include:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Wrongful Death Liability
It's important to prove liability and negligence. How did it happen? Was someone at fault? Autopsies and medical records are all very important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Claims in Ellisville, MO
If you've lost a family member due to wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're likely to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? Typically, there are no up-front fees. Our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Parents, distant family members, life partners, and dependents are usually able to sue for wrongful death. It varies based on the circumstances.
- Who can can I sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties may be liable.
- What should I do if a family member dies? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death cases are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurer will offer you a settlement that sounds fair but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death attorney can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at the Eason Law Firm provide clients with legal counsel. We have recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Ellisville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through this difficult experience. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Contact us today at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
Eason Law has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our case results speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Ellisville, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.