Wrongful Death Attorney in Cottleville, MO
Wrongful Death Attorney in Cottleville, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. The death of a spouse or family member can cause serious financial and emotional harm. At Eason Law, we help survivors get the compensation they deserve. Contact one of our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers today if you want to settle a claim or case. We have recovered millions for victims and will fight for you to do the same.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death Claims
More than 190,000 people are killed by wrongful death accidents each year. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, or just about anything else. In the matter of wrongful death, your lifestyle can change in a much more extreme way. Common types of wrongful death cases include:
- Traffic Accidents: Fatalities are high in serious car or truck crashes. Leading causes include DUIs, road construction, distracted driving, and speeding.
- Medical Malpractice: Lots of wrongful death lawsuits near Cottleville, MO, involve medical malpractice. A patient may be misdiagnosed, there can be equipment failure, or something wrong can happen during surgery.
- Work-Related Accidents: Company negligence may include faulty equipment, lapses in training, explosions, fires, and related accidents.
- Criminal Acts: If a criminal act leads to a death, you might have a wrongful death case. It's crucial to contact a wrongful death attorney in Cottleville, MO, today if you've lost a family member due to criminal behavior.
No matter what the cause, an experienced lawyer can help you win the reimbursement you deserve. Eason Law's Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys fight to win for every one of our clients. Contact our firm today for a consultation or if you have any questions about winning a wrongful death claim.
Wrongful Death Damages
You will need to consider special and general damages. These range from objective (lost wages, for example) to subjective (loss of compassion), and it's your Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyer's job to make sure that survivors receive fair and just compensation. These damages include the following:
- Loss of Affection
- Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Hospital Fees
- Future Financial Support
- Loss of Income
- Loss of Benefits
- Loss of Attention
- Property Damages
- Household Services
- Lost Earning Potential
As you can see, pain, grief, and sorrow can all be considered alongside loss of income and other damages. Some states allow you to claim punitive damages as well.
Liability for Wrongful Death
It's important to prove liability and negligence. Did somebody cause the victim's death? What were the circumstances? Autopsies, death certificates, and medical reports are all very important. It's often best to file a wrongful death claim as soon as possible while witness testimonies and evidence are still available. Some states have set statutes of limitations on how long you can wait before pursuing a claim.
About Wrongful Death Cases in Cottleville, MO
If you've lost someone close to you because of wrongful death (and are financially connected), you're going to have a lot of questions. Below are some of the most commonly asked questions about wrongful death cases:
- How much does it cost to hire a lawyer? There usually aren't any up-front fees. Our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers work on contingency which means that you only owe a percentage of the damages if you win.
- Who is able to sue for wrongful death? Financial dependents, family members, parents, and even distant relatives may be able to sue for wrongful death. It depends on the circumstances.
- Who can you sue for wrongful death? This depends on the incident and can include parts manufacturers, trucking companies, a business owner, nursing homes, distributors, and employers. Based on the state the victim is in and the circumstances, several parties can be liable.
- How should I approach a wrongful death case? Find a lawyer to help you. Wrongful death claims are complicated and it's important to have qualified legal experience on your side.
- Should I accept a settlement? No, not necessarily. Most likely, an insurance company will offer you a settlement that sounds reasonable but in most cases their initial estimates are low-balling you. Having a wrongful death lawyer can change their minds quite quickly.
The wrongful death attorneys at Eason Law provide wrongful death clients with legal representation. We've recovered millions in case victories and are prepared to fight for your case.
Contact Your Cottleville, MO Wrongful Death Attorneys Today
It's important to act quickly if you've lost a loved one. Eason Law's Wrongful Death Attorneys have the experience and drive you need if you've suffered the loss of someone close to you. Our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death lawyers will fight for a victory and help you through these tough times. From start to finish, we're here to help. Every case deserves a fair shot. Call us now at (314) 932-1066 for more information and a case consultation.
The Eason Law Firm has the resources and experience you deserve. We fight to win and our victories speak for themselves. Don't hesitate to contact our Cottleville, MO, wrongful death attorneys immediately.