Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia, MO
Personal Injury Lawyers in Columbia, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. An injury can be tough, and Eason Law understands how difficult this can be for victims. Contact one of Eason Law's Columbia, MO, personal injury attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
There are more than 40 million emergency room visits each year in the U.S. and over 150,000 unintentional fatalities. This could include vehicle-related accidents, slips and falls, medical malpractice cases, and other injuries that end up being fatal. It's important for victims and their families to seek out legal counsel as soon as possible. An experienced Columbia personal injury lawyer is a great resource legal advice in the event of an accident.
Common Injury Claims
From getting side-swiped by a truck to slipping in a grocery, there are a number of ways to be injured. Our firm is focused on helping those we represent recover damages. Eason Law's Columbia, MO, personal injury lawyers take on a variety of cases. In terms of personal injury, here are a few of the most common types of personal injury claims:
- Car Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
Your life can change dramatically after an injury. At Eason Law, we offer solutions to your problems. Whether our clients are in a traffic-related accident or were injured by a defective product, it's important that you get the legal representation you deserve. We fight to win.
A number of personal injury cases involve vehicle-related accidents. According to the MSHP, common causes include drunk driving, speeding, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, and inexperienced drivers. Likely injuries include broken ribs, head and neck injuries, burns, internal bleeding, and others. Not being able to work because of someone else's negligence can put serious strain on your family.
Winning a Personal Injury Claim
You and your lawyer need to do a few things if you want to get compensation. To win a tort (injury) case, you're going to have to prove negligence, causation, fault, and financial damages. Below are a few questions you might ask about your claim:
- How much does a lawyer cost? There aren't any up-front fees. Put simply, our Columbia, MO, personal injury lawyers take a percentage of any case victory and you don't pay unless we win.
- If I'm injured, what do I need to do? The first step is to get medical assistance. Medical records are extremely important if you are filing a claim and trying to get reimbursed. Even if an injury seems minor, having a written document will help your case.
- How much is my case worth? There are a number of variables when you calculate special and general damages. Damages may include things like lost income potential, pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of consortium, emotional distress, and others.
- What information do I need to give my attorney? It's important to keep track of everything. Pictures of the accident, witness testimonies, how much time you had to take off work, names and addresses, and other information are crucial for winning a personal injury claim. This documentation helps us justify financial damages.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement? What if I was partially at-fault? Again, the more information the better.
Contact Eason Law's Columbia, MO, personal injury attorneys today for more information. We are prepared to answer questions you might have about your case and the legal process.
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Contact our Columbia, MO, Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our personal injury lawyers in Columbia, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.