Car Accident Lawyers in Wood River, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Wood River, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Our firm knows that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Wood River, IL, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Wood River, IL
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Wood River, IL, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car accidents each year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is important to reach out to an experienced Wood River, IL, car accident lawyer today if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Wood River, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Wood River, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Wood River, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Wood River, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Find Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Wood River, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in Wood River, IL, will likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Wood River, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Wood River, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Wood River, IL, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.