Car Accident Lawyers in Washington, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Washington, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Eason Law knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Washington, MO, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Washington, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Washington, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car accidents each year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is essential to contact an experienced Washington, MO, car accident lawyer today if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover damages. Contact a car accident attorney in Washington, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Washington, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to those questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Washington, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Washington, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Washington, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Washington, MO, will likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their earnings. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Washington, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Washington, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Washington, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.