Car Accident Lawyers in Washington County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Washington County, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Our firm knows that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Washington County, MO, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Washington County, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Washington County, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to get in touch with an experienced Washington County, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident attorney in Washington County, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Washington County, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to these questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Washington County, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Washington County, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things one should do after an accident.
- Find Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Washington County, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Washington County, MO, will most likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash affects their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Washington County, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Washington County, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Washington County, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.