Car Accident Lawyers in Wardsville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Wardsville, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law knows that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Wardsville, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Wardsville, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Wardsville, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is crucial to reach out to an experienced Wardsville, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Wardsville, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Wardsville, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to those questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Wardsville, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Wardsville, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things a victim should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Wardsville, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Wardsville, MO, will most likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash affects their income. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Wardsville, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Wardsville, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Wardsville, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.