Car Accident Lawyers in Vandalia, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Vandalia, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Vandalia, IL, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Vandalia, IL
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Vandalia, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car accidents every year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is crucial to contact an experienced Vandalia, IL, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Vandalia, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Vandalia, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few answers to these important questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Vandalia, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Vandalia, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a couple of things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Vandalia, IL: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Vandalia, IL, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their earnings. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Vandalia, IL, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Vandalia, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Vandalia, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.