Car Accident Lawyers in St. Louis County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Louis County, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law knows that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our St. Louis County, MO, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in St. Louis County, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The St. Louis County, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to reach out to an experienced St. Louis County, MO, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident lawyer in St. Louis County, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
St. Louis County, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our St. Louis County, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our St. Louis County, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a few things you should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in St. Louis County, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in St. Louis County, MO, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash affects their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in St. Louis County, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's St. Louis County, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in St. Louis County, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.