Car Accident Lawyers in St. Charles, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Charles, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our St. Charles, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in St. Charles, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The St. Charles, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It's essential to get in touch with an experienced St. Charles, MO, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help you recover damages. Contact a car accident attorney in St. Charles, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
St. Charles, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our St. Charles, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our St. Charles, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in St. Charles, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in St. Charles, MO, will most likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in St. Charles, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's St. Charles, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in St. Charles, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.