Car Accident Lawyers in St. Charles County, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in St. Charles County, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our St. Charles County, MO, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in St. Charles County, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The St. Charles County, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It is important to reach out to an experienced St. Charles County, MO, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help victims recover damages. Contact a car accident attorney in St. Charles County, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
St. Charles County, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to those questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our St. Charles County, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our St. Charles County, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a few things you should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in St. Charles County, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in St. Charles County, MO, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It is our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in St. Charles County, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's St. Charles County, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in St. Charles County, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.