Car Accident Lawyers in Quincy, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Quincy, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Quincy, MO, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Quincy, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Quincy, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's essential to reach out to an experienced Quincy, MO, car accident lawyer today if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help you recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Quincy, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Quincy, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to those questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Quincy, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Quincy, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There's a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Quincy, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in Quincy, MO, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It is our job at Eason Law to help accident victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Quincy, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Quincy, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Quincy, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.