Car Accident Lawyers in Maryland Heights, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Maryland Heights, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Maryland Heights, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Maryland Heights, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car accidents every year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is essential to reach out to an experienced Maryland Heights, MO, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Maryland Heights, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to these important questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Maryland Heights, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Maryland Heights, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Maryland Heights, MO, will most likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their income. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Maryland Heights, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Maryland Heights, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Maryland Heights, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.