Car Accident Lawyers in Macon, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Macon, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Our firm knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Macon, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Macon, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Macon, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It's essential to reach out to an experienced Macon, MO, car accident lawyer today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover damages. Contact a car accident attorney in Macon, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Macon, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to those important questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Macon, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Macon, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Macon, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Macon, MO, will most likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash affects their earnings. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Macon, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Macon, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Macon, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.