Car Accident Lawyers in Litchfield, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Litchfield, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Litchfield, IL, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Litchfield, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Litchfield, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car accidents every year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's crucial to reach out to an experienced Litchfield, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover damages. Contact a car accident attorney in Litchfield, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Litchfield, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few answers to these important questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Litchfield, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Litchfield, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a couple of things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Litchfield, IL: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury lawyers charge a contingency fee, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. A car accident lawyer in Litchfield, IL, will likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash affects their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Litchfield, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Litchfield, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Litchfield, IL, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.