Car Accident Lawyers in Jefferson City, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Jefferson City, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Jefferson City, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Jefferson City, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Jefferson City, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car-related accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's important to contact an experienced Jefferson City, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident attorney in Jefferson City, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Jefferson City, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Jefferson City, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in a Car Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Jefferson City, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a few things you should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Jefferson City, MO: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury lawyers charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Jefferson City, MO, will most likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their earnings. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Jefferson City, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Jefferson City, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Jefferson City, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.