Car Accident Lawyers in Highland, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Highland, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm knows that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Highland, IL, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Highland, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Highland, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents every year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to reach out to an experienced Highland, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law will fight for you. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover compensation. Contact a car accident lawyer in Highland, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a consultation.
Highland, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who's at fault? How much is my case worth? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to those questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Highland, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Highland, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a few things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Highland, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Highland, IL, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash affects their earnings. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Highland, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Highland, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Highland, IL, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.