Car Accident Lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law understands that in a split second, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Fairview Heights, IL, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Fairview Heights, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Fairview Heights, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car accidents each year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Every state has it's own car accident laws. It's essential to contact an experienced Fairview Heights, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident attorney in Fairview Heights, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Fairview Heights, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to those questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Fairview Heights, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Fairview Heights, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a few things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL, will likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their earnings. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious issue. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Fairview Heights, IL, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Fairview Heights, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
Eason Law can help you with your case from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.