Car Accident Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law knows that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Creve Coeur, MO, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Creve Coeur, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Creve Coeur, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents each year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common involve intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's important to contact an experienced Creve Coeur, MO, car accident lawyer now if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. Car accidents can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Creve Coeur, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few pieces of advice to answer to these important questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This includes loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Creve Coeur, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what types of damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who's Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Creve Coeur, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? The first thing you should do is hire a lawyer to help you set up and file an insurance claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if that doesn't work, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who is at fault? Why did the accident happen in the first place? There are a couple of things a victim should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO, will likely want witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their income. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major concern. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Creve Coeur, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Creve Coeur, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.