Car Accident Lawyers in Collinsville, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Collinsville, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Collinsville, IL, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Collinsville, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Collinsville, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving under the influence, and speeding.
- In regard to non-fatal vehicle accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It's crucial to contact an experienced Collinsville, IL, car accident lawyer today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's Eason Law's goal to help victims recover compensation. Call a car accident attorney in Collinsville, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Collinsville, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
A lot of people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to these important questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? There's a number of special and general damages to consider if you're in an accident. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Collinsville, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long will the claim take to settle?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Some states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Collinsville, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you'll likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things a victim should do after an accident.
- Find Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Contact a car accident lawyer in Collinsville, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local law firm that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: A crucial component to getting reimbursed after a car accident is gather information. Your car accident lawyer in Collinsville, IL, will likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a serious problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Collinsville, IL, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Collinsville, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has been practicing law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Collinsville, IL, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.