Car Accident Lawyers in Clinton County, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Clinton County, IL. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it is a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Our firm understands that in a split second, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Clinton County, IL, car accident attorneys now if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Clinton County, IL
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Clinton County, IL, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car accidents per year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It's crucial to reach out to an experienced Clinton County, IL, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident attorney in Clinton County, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Clinton County, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Below are a few answers to those questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Clinton County, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include drunk driving, speeding, texting, not obeying traffic signs, and even dozing off. Our Clinton County, IL, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. You may be able to sue a driver in an at-fault state if they don't have insurance for damages. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What To Do If You're In an Accident
In a car accident, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a couple of things you should do after an accident.
- Find Help: It's incredibly important to get medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you don't seem injured, having a doctor's evaluation can mean a great deal if you are pursuing compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Clinton County, IL: Once you get checked out and begin to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Clinton County, IL, will likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash affects their financial stability. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you've been in a car accident in Clinton County, IL, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Clinton County, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Clinton County, IL, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.