Car Accident Lawyers in Bourban, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Bourban, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it is a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Eason Law knows that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Bourban, MO, car accident attorneys today if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. We have recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Bourban, MO
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Bourban, MO, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people are killed in auto accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common involve construction zones, brake failure, rear-end collisions, intersection accidents, and low-speed crashes. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents every year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is important to contact an experienced Bourban, MO, car accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident lawyer in Bourban, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Bourban, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people will ask, "What do I do after a car wreck?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Below are a few pieces of advice to answer to these questions:
- How much can I be reimbursed after a car accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This includes pain and suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, loss of consortium, and others. At Eason Law, our Bourban, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to figure out what damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What questions should I ask before hiring a lawyer? There's a few things you should ask before deciding on a law firm. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? Do you go to trial? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This could include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Bourban, MO, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one thing you and your lawyer will focus on is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a couple of things one should do after an accident.
- Get Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Bourban, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most personal injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means legal service fees are contingent on a victory.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. Your car accident lawyer in Bourban, MO, will most likely want pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good lawyer will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash can affect their financial stability. If you can't work, medical bills and other expenses will become a major issue. It's our job at Eason Law to help accident victims and their families get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Bourban, MO, don't hesitate to give us a call.
Contact Eason Law's Bourban, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Today
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 20 years of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take your claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get compensated for an injury, and our car accident attorneys in Bourban, MO, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact us today or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.