Car Accident Lawyers in Boonville, MO
Car Accident Lawyer in Boonville, MO. Eason Law serves injury victims and their families in the metro St. Louis area. Life can be difficult after an injury, whether it's a work-related accident, a car crash, slip and fall, and just about anything else. Eason Law understands that in an instant, a car-related accident can change everything. Contact one of Eason Law's Boonville, MO, car accident attorneys now if you've had an accident and are looking for compensation. Our firm has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Boonville, MO
There are dozens of ways to get into a car accident. The leading reasons behind a crash involve distracted driving, speeding, hit and runs, distracted driving, and bad weather. The Boonville, MO, car accident attorneys at Eason Law have helped people through these difficult times. Here are a couple of stats about car accidents to help you understand how often these occur:
- According to ASIRT, over 37,000 people die in car accidents per year. Amost 10 percent of fatalities are because of distracted driving, according to the NHTSA, speeding, and DUI.
- Regarding non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents per year according to the NHTSA.
- The most common types of car crash injuries include head and brain damage, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, and burns. You can add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own traffic accident laws. It is important to get in touch with an experienced Boonville, MO, car accident lawyer today if you've been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive regarding both physical and financial harm. It's our objective to help you recover compensation. Contact a car accident lawyer in Boonville, MO, at 314-932-1066 for a case review and consultation.
Boonville, MO, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car accident?" Or am I owed damages? What if I can't work? How do I pay the bills? Who is at fault? How much can I win? Do I have a case? Do I need a car accident lawyer??
Here are a few answers to these questions:
- What kind of compensation can I get if I'm in a car crash? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This may include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Boonville, MO, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what types of damages you are owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in an Accident? It's important to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This may include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Boonville, MO, car crash lawyers will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if a consensus can't be made, escalate a claim to trial. Don't immediately send a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What happens if you're in an accident and don't have car insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. Fault and negligence are complicated, which is another reason to contact an attorney.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In a car accident, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There are a few things you should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Boonville, MO: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local attorney that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge on contingency, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Boonville, MO, will most likely request pictures of the scene, testimonies, medical reports, and a list of other expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing victims often overlook is how a crash impacts their income. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major problem. It is our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Boonville, MO, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Boonville, MO, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. James Eason specializes in car accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with insurers, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if necessary. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Boonville, MO, provide clients with experienced legal representation. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.