Car Accident Lawyers in Alton, IL
Car Accident Lawyer in Alton, IL. Eason Law represents personal injury victims in the greater St. Louis area. Your life can change dramatically after an injury, whether it's a car accident, slip and fall, or an accident at work. Our firm understands that in an instant, a vehicle-related accident can change everything. Contact one of our Alton, IL, car accident attorneys today if you or a family member have been injured and require legal representation. Eason Law has recovered millions for our clients because we fight to win.
Car Accident Statistics in Alton, IL
There are countless variables that can lead to a car accident. Drinking and driving, bad weather, brake malfunction, speeding, distracted driving, and other circumstances are at the top of the list. The Alton, IL, car accident lawyers at Eason Law have helped people through these trying times. Below are a few car crash statistics to give you a better idea of how frequent these are:
- According to ASIRT, more than 37,000 people die in car-related accidents every year. Nearly 10 percent of fatalities are a result of distracted driving, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, speeding, and DUI.
- In regard to non-fatal car accidents, the most common include intersections, rear-end collisions, parking lots, brake failure, and construction zones. There are an estimated 2.75 million car accidents each year according to the NHTSA.
- Common types of car crash injuries include burns, spine and back damage, soft tissue injuries, and broken bones. You can easily add whiplash, internal bleeding, herniated discs, and other traumas.
Each state has it's own car accident laws. It is important to reach out to an experienced Alton, IL, car accident lawyer now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Eason Law fights to win. A car accident can be expensive in terms of both physical and financial harm. It's our firm's mission to help victims recover damages. Call a car accident lawyer in Alton, IL, at 314-932-1066 for a case review.
Alton, IL, Car Accident Lawyers
Many people may ask, "What do I do after a car crash?" What happens if I can't go to work? Am I owed reimbursement? Do I talk to the insurance company? Who's at fault? How much can I win? Do I even have a case? Do I actually need a car crash lawyer?
Here are a few answers to those questions:
- What are the different types of compensation I can get after an accident? We're going to consider special and general damages if you've been in a car crash. This can include loss of enjoyment, pain and suffering, loss of income potential, medical expenses, and others. At Eason Law, our Alton, IL, car accident lawyers will investigate your case to determine what damages you're owed to maximize your reimbursement.
- What should I ask my lawyer? You should ask a few questions before deciding on which firm you want to hire. For example, Have you had this kind of case before? How much experience do you have in the courtroom? What's your fee? How much can I win? How long does it take to get a settlement?
- Who is Liable in a Car Accident? It's essential to prove liability and negligence. Certain states have at-fault laws, too, and negligent driving behavior varies. This can include driving while intoxicated, going over the speed limit, distracted driving (texting), and not obeying traffic signs. Our Alton, IL, car crash attorneys will investigate to determine who is liable and at-fault.
- How do I settle a car accident claim? One of the first steps is finding a lawyer that can help you file a claim. An insurer (or negligent party) may offer reimbursement right away or submit a counter-offer. Then you will likely enter negotiation and, if an agreement cannot be reached, escalate a claim to trial. You should wait before sending a demand letter. You risk taking a lower settlement.
- What do you do when you get into an accident and don't have insurance? It depends if you're in an at-fault or no-fault state. If the accident wasn't your fault and it happens in a no-fault state and don't have insurance, you'll pay out of pocket. This is another reason why it's so important to contact a lawyer.
What Do I Do if I'm In an Accident?
In the event of a car crash, one important step is to prove liability. Who caused the accident? Why did it happen? There's a couple of things one should do after an accident.
- Call for Help: One of the first things you should do is get medical attention. A medical report means a lot if you are trying to seek compensation.
- Reach out to a car accident lawyer in Alton, IL: Once you get checked out and start to recover, find a local lawyer that specializes in your type of case. Most injury attorneys charge a contingency fee, which means you don't pay unless there's a settlement.
- Collect Information: An important factor in winning a car accident claim is collecting information. A car accident lawyer in Alton, IL, will most likely request witness testimonies, photos, medical reports, and a complete list of expenses. A good attorney will help you with this part of the process.
One thing car accident victims often overlook is how a crash affects their earnings. If you're unable to do your job, medical bills and other expenses will become a major issue. It's our job at Eason Law to help injury victims get fair compensation. We fight to win, and if you have been in a car accident in Alton, IL, don't hesitate to get in touch with our firm.
Contact Eason Law's Alton, IL, Car Accident Attorneys Now
James Eason has practiced law since 2003. With nearly 2 decades of experience, he's shown that he fights to win. He specializes in vehicle accidents, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and consumer protection cases. He's a former Golden Gloves Boxer and fights to win.
If you or a family member have been injured, Eason Law can help from start to finish. We negotiate with big insurance companies, will gather evidence, and take a claim to trial if needed. Everyone deserves a fair shot to get reimbursement for an injury, and our car accident lawyers in Alton, IL, provide clients with experienced legal counsel. Contact our firm now or call (314) 932-1066 for more information about Eason Law and our services.